So, today I am supposed to write about my suicidal
ideations. The topic says ‘A time’ but I have to admit that there were many
times I thought about ending my life.
So, let’s just rephrase it.
Day 5: The times I thought about ending my life.
I never thought of dying until I got into university. It’s
not that medical school burned the hell out of me, as a matter of fact;
medicine was pretty generous to me, and I am unreservedly grateful for that.
The reason why university life was ‘killing’ me is because I was in the
toughest period of my current relationship when I was just kicking off uni life. I call
that period as “Dark Age” or simply put, getting to know each other. So, that
was when I thought about ending my life frequently. The reasons seem petty to
me now, and I can’t even summon up many of the reasons now. I remember, there was
once, I was so angry with him, that I punched a hand mirror and it smashed
after few punches. The anger persisted and I began taking the pieces of mirror
and held them in my fist, clenching tightly. I had many cuts over my palm, and
some of the pieces poked hard enough to settle in my dermis. My roommate came
in and saw what I did. She took a towel and picked up the mirror pieces that
were sticking out of my skin and she swept the floor clean to get rid of the
tiny fragments of the mirror. Later, of course, she worriedly asked me many
times, what the hell have happened till I decided to put such a show. I
shrugged her off, saying I missed my family. How ridiculous. I know. I had to
suffer later, whenever my palm was in contact with water and soap.
It’s been many
years since that incident, and it is funny thinking about it now, because all I
wanted then was just his attention. Nothing major happened after that, I guess.
Except that once, I tried to slash my wrist, probably for another trivial
reason.
| Fortunately, I did not have this much of courage. |
I managed to give myself a few, clean lacerations that didn't even leave
any scar behind. I was just too scared to die and I was still sane to know that
all I wanted was attention, and I had to do things maturely, not attempting
some sickly-histrionic-directed-self-mutilation.
Recently, I had another thought of ending my life, but even
when I was thinking of it, I knew it was rubbish. It was for a ridiculous reason,
to teach my mother a lesson; to keep the house cleaner. I know, I know, nothing can be
more mature than that. I dismissed the idea few seconds after it popped into my
tangled up neurons.
I guess, that were just the times I thought about ending my
life. In reality, the number might actually be more than what I write here, but
it does not matter now. I believe, I am a big girl now. Well, I still cry, a
lot, but I don’t think of slashing my radial artery anymore. If I were ever to
die because of blood loss, I’d choose to be bitten by a vampire rather than
losing it to my histrionic personality or over a man who did not care about my
feelings in the first place.
Since I am alive and writing now, I guess I could actually
drop an advice to those who are thinking of ending your lives. I have always
used this method, and Aamir Khan said the same thing in 3 Idiots. Just think of
your parents crying over your corpse. That’s
all it took for me to move on, to cool down.
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned,
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die.
YOU'VE GOT TO GET UP AND TRY TRY TRY!
People have variable ideas about harming themselves. If it's fatal, consciences keep making excuses. Really hope your courage will never surpass consciences.
ReplyDeletep.s. You could also advise people not to put razor blades on their bed.
I hope the same too. Sometimes all a person want is attention,it's not worth dying for. Haha. The razor blades. They don't do much harm you know. Haha.
Delete