Good morning Malaysia. I have been saving up this post for the new government. For the new dawn, they say. But look at me now, all agitated and utterly shattered, my despair forming words.
Last night was definitely one hell of a night. I was never that excited neither for the country nor politics. And honey, yes, I saw politics, filthy politics. We all know about it, the cheap, so-yesterday tricks to suddenly win the election by, what!! Simple majority? Well done. Never has my heart ached so much for justice, and my mind was shouting and screaming in rage all night long, for help. Help us, clean us up, you know that this is not what we want. All I wanted last night was, to fall asleep and wake up to another election day. A clean one, of course.
Justice aside, let's talk about reality. During tough times, we see how people react and what their cores are really made of. I am talking about racism, here. Well, when you are talking about politics here, you definitely can't run away from racism. The parties are segregated according to races and whatever belief you hold onto, subsequently, it is all about Melayu, Cina and India! The good thing is, GE 13 somehow has first clumped racism, then masked it, into one hope, a better Malaysia. The bad thing is, there are parties that want to keep us segregated, thus the idea of DAP and it's extreme racism surfaced. Well, what I can say about it is, is what I have been saying all the while, once you stop thinking about the benefits and importance of your race,that is, when we unite. And for that, we need fairness. That's what I hope from you, BN, for the next five years.
The other day, a friend of my father said this, " it has a become a fashion for youngsters to support the opposition". Fashion or not, GE 13 witnessed a beautiful cooperation among youths driven by one cause. Well, this is a good thing, isn't it? For this is the generation that stays updated on unbiased media, that fight for their rights and the generation that is really going to 'ubah' Malaysia. With all these young, blossoming minds, with innovative ideas, plus importantly, who are able to see friends as friends, not as Malays, Chinese and Indians, they are going to reform Malaysia. Let's just hope that these minds will not be polluted by racism, special advantages and corruption. I am very positive about this, though at the back of my mind, I know, this will take at least 3 GEs to come into reality.
So, what is going to happen next? A change of Prime Minister? More government transformation policies? Reconciliation of the hearts of citizens by showering with money in forms of vouchers? I don't know. I am still in despair, I guess. Good Luck Barisan Nasional. Good Luck Malaysians.
Post-script:
Hey, but was I really thinking that PR could take over? Thinking about it,I feel cheated, because I think that many of us, which means, my friends and my family supported PR. But that is just my social circle.What about others? Probably, this is what the rakyat really want. Let's fight again, people. Enough mourning. Let's work it out again. Independence takes time and you can ask Gandhi about that.
Post-scripts (Part 2):
1. While we were all hyped up by adrenaline and serotonin for the elections, there are families shedding their tears for the loss of their loved ones. Praba and Uma Mahesh, though I didn't get the chance to know you all personally, rest in peace. Be strong Vino. Love you lots.
2. And for my dear friend Fitri, who bought himself a seat, literally and who expected a political groundburst as his birthday present, Happy Birthday!
3. Help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment